ONE Championship (ONE) sent shockwaves throughout the capacity crowd at the state-of-the-art Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines with another exciting evening of world-class mixed martial arts action. ONE: KINGS OF DESTINY showcased a series of compelling bouts, punctuated by a thrilling main event that saw Eduard Folayang successfully defended his ONE Lightweight World Championship, defeating Ev Ting by unanimous decision.
In the main event of ONE: KINGS OF DESTINY, Folayang retained his ONE Lightweight World Championship with a masterful display of striking to defeat top Malaysian lightweight Ev “E.T.” Ting. Operating behind his world-class wushu stance, Folayang dazzled with his trademark variety of lightning quick and powerful spinning attacks, pouncing on Ting with side kicks and back fists.
After the bout, eight-division world Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao congratulated Folayang inside the ONE Championship cage.
“I would like to thank Ev Ting, he really came prepared for this fight. We came to give the fans a good fight, and that’s what we have done,” said Folayang. “This is the essence of martial arts, five rounds to show how much we’ve prepared for a long time. [This fight] means a lot. A lot of you [fans] were discouraged the last time I was here, I slept on that mat. I rose up from my circumstances. I needed to train a lot to improve a lot. This is it on my shoulder. Thank you for your support.”
In the co-main event of the evening, Team Lakay top bantamweight Kevin “The Silencer” Belingon swarmed Finnish kickboxing sensation Toni “Dynamite” Tauru with a relentless barrage of attacks to earn a scintillating striking victory. Tauru, the taller fighter by over 10cm, used his length to keep Belingon at range but it was only a matter of time before the Filipino would come looking for the stoppage.
Lightweight contender and former ONE Featherweight World Champion Honorio “The Rock” Banario marched to victory once more, stopping newcomer Jaroslav Jartim with a monstrous left hook. After spending the first round on the mat with Jartim in technical grappling exchanges, Banario showcased his incredible power in the second round. Catching a kick to the body, Banario uncorked a devastating left hand counter that knocked Jartim out cold.
Official results for ONE: KINGS OF DESTINY
- ONE Lightweight World Championship bout: Eduard Folayang defeats Ev Ting by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 5 rounds
- Bantamweight bout: Kevin Belingon defeats Toni Tauru by Submission (Verbal Tapout) at 2:27 minutes of round 1
- Lightweight bout: Honorio Banario defeats Jaroslav Jartim by Knockout at 1:31 minutes of round 2
- Featherweight bout: Christian Lee defeats Wan Jian Ping by TKO (Strikes) at 4:50 minutes of round 1
- Flyweight bout: Danny Kingad defeats Muhammad Aiman by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Flyweight bout: Stefer Rahardian defeats Eugene Toquero by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Bantamweight bout: Xie Bin defeats Chan Rothana by Submission (D’Arce Choke) at 1:46 minutes of round 2
- Women’s Atomweight bout: Gina Iniong defeats Natalie Gonzales Hills by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Women’s Catchweight bout (57.8kg): Michelle Nicolini defeats Irina Mazepa by Submission (Armbar) at 2:11 minutes of round 1
- Strawweight bout: Robin Catalan defeats Jeremy Miado by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
Tags: championship, Eduard Folayang, Ev Ting, Kevin Belingon, Lightweight contender, ONE Championship, ONE Championship “Kings of Destiny”, Pasay City, Toni Dynamite Tauru, Toni Tauru, World Champion Honorio The Rock Banario