Pinoy puncher Jeo Santisima challenges Emanuel Navarrete » Manila Bulletin Sports

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Pinoy puncher Jeo Santisima challenges Emanuel Navarrete

Published

By Nick Giongco

Mexican Emanuel Navarrete wants to add another Filipino fighter to his growing list of victims.

Navarrete will make the fifth defense of his World Boxing Organization (WBO) super-bantamweight crown against Jeo Santisima on Feb. 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Jeo Santisima (Photo from Jeo Santisima's Facebook account)

Jeo Santisima (Photo from Jeo Santisima’s Facebook account)

The fight will be underneath the world heavyweight title clash between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

Though Santisima’s team has yet to receive the official contract, the Cebu-based puncher’s chief handler Michael Aldeguer confirmed the fight on Thursday, adding that Sean Gibbons also lent a helping hand.

Ranked No. 5 by the WBO, Santisima will enter the ring with a 19-2 record with 16 KOs and will put a 17-fight win streak on the line.

Navarrete, who sports a 30-1 mark with 26 KOs, is best remembered by Filipino boxing fans as the sane long-armed hitter who mauled the gutsy but overpowered Juan Miguel Elorde last year.

Aldeguer said Santisima had been craving for a crack at Navarrete’s WBO 122-lb title since last year.

“Santisima is training and will be ready for Navarrete,” said Aldrguer, who heads ALA Promotions.

Aside from Elorde, Navarrete’s other Filipino victim was Glenn Porras, who was also brutalized by the 26-year-old Mexican.

Santisima, 23, is hoping he won’t end up receiving the same savage treatment next month.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Related Posts